Corporate Service Unit
The Ministry of Finance & Economic Management’s vision is that “Vanuatu is a wealthy country, providing employment opportunities to all its citizens, with a well-run Government and finance system”. The Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MFEM) is pursuing seven (7) objectives, aligned with the Government Priorities Actions Agenda (PAA).
These objectives are:
1. To manage the MFEM at the highest standards This objective is coordinated by the DG’s Office, the Corporate Services Unit and the Performance Review and Audit Unit.
2. To ensure all Government tenders and procurement are processed in a fair, transparent and efficient manner The Central Tender Board is in charge of implementing this policy.
3. To maintain sustainable and fiscal balance The Department of Treasury and Finance is responsible to manage and coordinate all activities pursuing this goal.
4. To ensure collection of Government revenue This objective is the main activity of the Department of Customs & Inland Revenue.
5. To protect borders from restricted and prohibited imports and exports The Customs Border Unit is the agency responsible for this objective.
6. To facilitate legitimate trade and business procedures The whole Department of Customs & Inland Revenue facilitating this objective.
7. To collect, compile, and disseminate statistical data The Vanuatu National Statistics Office is responsible for fulfilling this objective.