FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING SECTION
The Financial Accounting Section plays an integral role in the day-to-day management of the government’s cash resources in order to meet its expenditure obligations, rendering timely financial advice, proper maintenance of accounting records of the Government of Vanuatu in terms of revenue and expenditure and preparing whole of government annual financial statements.
The section is mainly responsible for:
- Keeping the accounting records and compilation of the whole-of-government financial statements at the end of each financial period in accordance with International Accepted Accounting Standards and best practice
- Management and Reconciliation of all Government of Vanuatu Bank accounts
- Cash flow Management
- Public Debt servicing
- Donor Funds/Project Management
- Management of governments foreign currency payments
- Tendering accounting and financial advice to Finance Managers and Finance Officers in ministries and other government agencies.